Started by Maddie & Morgan Manning, the Bundle Up Club is a non-profit organization on a mission to make a difference in the world by providing hand-made blankets, hats, scarves, and other goods to those in need.
Maddie & Morgan want people to know they’re valuable; they want them to feel loved. They want the homeless, the needy, the less-fortunate, the forgotten to know they are worth the investment of their time and effort and work and thoughts and prayers.
It's a cold world outside - let's blanket them in His love.
Matthew 25:36
Thank you for your help and support!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Why Hand-Made?

We have received mixed reviews about our mission to provide only hand-made goods. We understand that many would say, "Well, you guys are working for charity, so you should take anything you can get." But we don't feel that way. So today, we'd like to explain why we have chosen to give only hand-made hats, scarves, and blankets.

Why hand-made?

Morgan ~ It's better quality. I want to give something better than just some left-overs or something that can be bought in a store. These hats and scarves and blankets take a lot of time and hard work.

Maddie ~ We want people to feel loved and to know that there are others who care about them. Store-bought items are made by a machine. Our stuff is quality--it takes time and effort to make. Someone can get one of our items and know it was made just for them.

Deidra ~ I want those who are homeless or needy--those who may feel forgotten, lonely, down-trodden, misunderstood, judged, unlovable or unloved-- to know there are people who care about them, people who are willing to lend a helping hand in their time of need, people who haven't forgotten what it's like to need grace and hope. There, except for the grace of God, go I--that's my motivation. There have been many times I've needed help, and I just want to offer what's been freely given to me. I don't want to give left-overs, seconds, hand-me-downs or gently used items, even if they are in great shape. Why? Because Jesus didn't give me left-overs, hand-me-downs, or gently-used. He gave me His best; He gave me His all. He put time and effort and hard work into my salvation. He doesn't give me scraps. He doesn't give me something someone else has already used. He gives me brand new. He gives me something that is all my own, and that's what I want to give to others.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ - Matthew 25: 34-40 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! Love the heart of this ministry. When God us His Son, His ONLY Son, He gave us brand new - a brand new life, a brand new beginning. Amen, glory to God!

    ReplyDelete